I grew up in Wisconsin and graduated from the University of Wisconsin in 1994, with a BBA in Accounting. I earned my Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license in 1997 while working with Williams Young & Associates, now part of Wipfli CPA’s and Consultants. After moving to Cincinnati in 2005, I quickly fell in love with the City and my neighborhood of Columbia Tusculum. Being part of this community is a passion of mine, which is why I enjoy working with small businesses and individuals that make Cincinnati such a vibrant place to live. As a business owner, I understand the need for quality and timely tax and financial assistance. I also recognize the importance of being responsive and flexible to the needs of customers and clients. That’s what we all want, no matter what industry. Part of being committed to your community is involvement. I sit on the boards of the Columbia Tusculum Community Council, The Carnegie Center of Columbia Tusculum, 3 East Business Association, and the Tusculum Street Fest. I look forward to working with you to address and resolve your individual and business financial concerns. — Matthew J Ackermann, CPA
All services I provide will be molded to fit your needs and timeline. My goal is to provide you with solutions to your accounting and tax needs, so you can focus on your business. We will work together as a team; your success is my success. The first meeting is always free. It’s important to meet face to face, determine what your needs are, and how we can meet your needs and add value.
- Analysis of business plans and strategy
- Review business structure – discuss the tax advantages of different entities
- Review/analysis of financial statements
- Obtaining or review of required company documents
- Articles of Incorporation – Secretary of State
- Employer Identification Numbers (EIN)
- Partnership or Shareholder Agreements
- Assistance with establishing:
- Internal controls
- Financial procedures
- Operations manual
- Document retention policy
- Review of Insurance needs
- Business valuations – Are you getting ready to retire, have family take over, or sell to a third party. Plan far in advance so set yourself and your company up for a successful, but also a valuable transition.
Tax laws continually change. At Matthew J Ackermann, CPA, we prioritize having an understanding of not only those laws, but also our client’s needs, so we can provide the best tax service possible. Services provided include:
- Estimate determination and preparation
- Preparation of tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, and non-profits
- Commercial Activity Tax
- Sales tax
- Assist with preparing tax records
- Assist in preparing year-end journal entries
- IRS Notification or Audit support – Don’t worry. We will address the issue in a timely, accurate manner, with proper supporting documentation. The IRS sends out thousands of these; you’re not alone
Matthew J Ackermann, CPA offers complete QuickBooks services. This includes on-site QuickBooks training, on-line training courses offered through Real World Training (a company endorsed by Intuit, the makers of QuickBooks), and continued support. We provide the following services for QuickBooks:
- Initial company set-up or transitioning your records from your old software.
- Customizing your chart of accounts to fit your industry and company specific needs.
- On-line banking set-up, so you can download bank transactions directly into QuickBooks.
- Input of customers information for invoicing and tracking of receivables.
- Input of vendor information for bill payment and tracking of payables.
- Customizing reports to give you the information you need to make financial decisions about your business
- Monthly, quarterly, or annual review of your records
- Month and year-end procedures
- General journal entries
- Bank statement reconciliation
- Assist you with your preparation of financial statements
- Budget preparation
- Identifying your company goals.
- How much cash flow is needed on a daily, monthly, annual basis?
- Determine your fixed and variable expenses.
- What is your projected revenue?
- Payroll Set-up and training
- Integration with Field Software, Time Tracking Software, POS systems
Payroll can be a daunting task for small businesses who don’t have a payroll person on staff. Assigning your bookkeeper this role can take much of their time. Let Matthew J Ackermann, CPA assist you with your payroll needs. We do the following:
- Prepare weekly or bi-weekly payroll
- Direct deposit or checks
- Electronic access to paystubs
- Prepare and file federal, state, and local reports
- Deposit tax liabilities with federal, state, and local agencies
- W-2, W-3 and 1099 filings at year-end.
- Copies of all filings for your records
- Reports to download or enter in your accounting software